jeju caves, knives, & pork

Staying with my good friend Joel and Winnie in Jeju, I was lucky enough to hang out with these guys as we headed out to some lava tube caves.



Seems welcoming.



Maybe my Ipod isn't the best camera for down here.



Evan here was showing off his photography skills.



It was pretty dark. The caves were created by lava flows, and with the lights and perhaps the lack of dirt, it felt kind of like a strange future sci-fi setting, like an alien tomb on an asteroid or something.



Melted walls were helping.



The lights were cute!



I kept thinking about all the cave horror movies I'd seen.



A way out!



Neat fountains.



We then went to a show called Cookin' Nanta (no photos event). It was really really good, a comical story about skilled chefs on a tight deadline. They were actually cooking on stage, as well as having food fights, juggling knives, and drumming, sometimes also with knives. Also one of our group was married to someone else on stage. I'm not sure if she planned for that. Great show!


All that cooking made us hungry :P I think this street was actually called black pork street.



I was silly and didn't grab a picture of the food - essentially it was korean BBQ with very tasty pork and baby octopus. Mmmm I want more. Joel and Winnie were kind enough to add me to their photo wall - if you squint past the pixels of my ipod camera, that's a baby octopus I'm eating!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment