shopping, streams, & temples

I decided to check out Insadong, which is the main touristy markety place for buying touristy things.



It wasn't really the time for it I realised (about midday on a weekday) but I was mostly walking around getting my bearings. It's nice to see the streets when they're off duty.



Nice to see the Cheonggyecheon, the artificial stream during the day.



It's leafy, pleasant, the running water is relaxing.



Wait a minute... is that a video game arcade?! Final fight break!



There's plenty of nice back streets that I like to walk down.



Quick trip to Gyeongbokgung palace, which like many major temples in korea has been torn down once or twice by the Japanese. You can see people still working on restorations.



More nice roofing.



You can walk around the (usually) quiet towny areas behind the temple.



Nice walls! Still chalky and new looking though.



The backyard. Quite nice courtyard areas.



The nearby museum.



Stone duck!



I wandered over to the city area, looking for some activity. For a friday afternoon I found everything to be eerily quiet. It often feels like Seoul is bigger than it needs to be. It's just weird when the streets are empty.



I thought I'd take a break by the fountain, kill some time, take photos with some random Japanese tourists.



Wandering around again, there was more activity now, but honestly I didn't feel like shopping... I felt like starcraft! After this I headed back over to the GSL to watch a few games to end the day.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment