seoul streets & starcraft

I've spent a few days here trying to get a feel for the place, I'm finding it strange. The metro areas are very low density. The roads can be huge, and the skyline is quite spacious. The urban areas are more compact, normally single lane alleys but still quite comfortable. There's plenty of room to breathe (almost too much for my liking!). Although maybe I'm still acclimatizing - I didn't know what to expect.

This thing comforts me though. He's covered in plastic bottles. Welcome Joe!



On weekdays it can be quite the ghost town during the day. The atmosphere has been really hazy too - Gah!



This looks like a cool evening meeting place near Dongdaemun.



The alleys can look pretty awesome.



A blurry picture of Cheonggyecheon - the artificial creek running through the city.



Eating out by yourself seems daunting, the wait staff rarely speak english and its rare to see anyone else doing it! Still its tasty - I should find some more pork.



I did make my way over to watch some live starcraft games! (that's people competing in video games for money - first prize in this competition is about a hundred grand) Very cool, it's exciting to be in the audience, some good games too.



On the way home I discovered the night life area of Hongdae. Quite active on a wednesday night, plenty of people running around drunk, probably students as it is near a popular university. Fun place!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment