seoul tower

Ok, my last day in Korea! What better way to start the day than some baseball practice.



Today the main thing to do is go to Namsan tower, a observation place where you can see all of seoul. More walking!



Here I was walking for some way before I realised I was going in the wrong direction. Good start! It was nice enough though, very lush and green, and there is a trickling stream running down each side of the walkway.



Ooo stairs! I like stairs...



Quick break. Such a good day for this.



More climbing stairs.



You start to see some glimpses of the view from some lookouts along the way.



You start to see some little bits of the seoul fortress wall, very cool.



My bag was getting heavy at about this point - I guess it was about 8kg. I worried my laptop was being shaken around, but it was fine.



I like the peepholes in the walls!



Finally getting to the top, I was greeted with a 9000 won fee for going inside the observation tower. It was very crowded and very annoying, I wondered if it was worth it. The views were nice though.



You can see the cable car I didn't catch, because I'm too cheap to pay the 7000 won or so. The walk was great anyway! I saw one go past as I was walking, it was packed like sardines!



Coming down from the tower, there was a small festival assembling. I enjoyed watching some guys with swords and staffs put on a show beating each other up. There was one moment I liked where one guy was dramatically stabbed  in the stomach with a sword, and having it pulled out quickly he spat a spray of water into the air. It was good!



Later they made mincemeat of some straw bundles and bamboo. Pretty entertaining.



The walk down was much faster and easier.



Back to Insadong to see what its like on a Saturday - much more busy!



Some nice surprises in the back streets. Actually I believe this was near a tea museum.



Ending with some beef soup. I tried to eat as much as I could, since I would be sleeping on a plane to Singapore. Seoul was good! Korea was good! I'd love to come back some day.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment